Sitopaladi churna is an effective ayurvedic medicine for treating respiratory diseases, digestive issues and allergic disorders. The main function of this churna is to restore lung capacity, improve pulmonary performance and bolster immunity.
It comprises mishri, vankshalochana, (white part of the bamboo tree) pepper, cardamom and cinnamon. All these ingredients taken in the right proportion are dried and powdered into a churna. Sitopaladi is an amazing immunomodulator and a super-effective churna that leverages the power of five compounds. While pepper and cinnamon function as bio-enhancers, Cardamom is loaded with antioxidants that prevent free radical damage and possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties. Mishri has the potential to balance Kapha and vata doshas and Vankshalochana contains a host of plant compounds that have healing properties.
सितोपलां तुगाक्षिरीं पिप्पलीं बहुलां त्वचम् |
अनत्यातुर्ध्वा द्विगुणितम् लेहायेत्माधुसर्पिषा ||
चुर्णितम् प्रशायेद्वा तच्छ्वासकासकफातुरम् |
सुप्तजिव्हाअरोचकिनमल्पाग्नी पार्श्वंशुलिनम् ||
(च.चि.८ .१०३-१०४ )
EFFECT ON DOSHAS
Sitopaladi Churna has a Madhura (i.e., sweet taste) and Katu Rasa (i.e., bitter taste) and balances the Vata (i.e., air) and Pitta (i.e., fire and air) Doshas and effectively removes the Aam doshas (i.e., harmful toxins) from the body.
Adults: 1 gm to 2 gm per day
Children: 250 mg to 500 mg per day
For Dry Cough: You can take 2 grams of sitopaladi churna mixed with 5 ml of ghee or 2 teaspoons of honey or as suggested by your doctor.
For Wet/ Productive Cough: You can take 2 grams of churna mixed with 1 gram of liquorice powder or 2 teaspoons of honey or as suggested by your doctor.
- Mishri (crystallised sugar lumps) -160 grams
- Vanshlochan (white part of the bamboo tree-loaded with silica) – 80 grams
- Elaichi (Cardamom, endowed with a host of polyphenols and antioxidants.) – 40 grams
- Dalchini (Cinnamon, endowed with a host of polyphenols and antioxidants.) –20 grams
- Pippali (Long Pepper, active compound piperine) – 10 grams
All the ingredients are dried, fine powdered, sieved to remove any impurities and then blended well into churna and stored in an airtight container.
The key ingredients in sitopaladi churna work as a potent immunomodulator. Pippali and cinnamon act as bio enhancer, while cardamom exhibit strong antioxidant characteristic by increasing the glutathione. As per Ayurveda mishri has strengthening power and calms Vatta and Kapha Doshas and promotes Pitta dosha.
- Respiratory Health – Traditional medicine employs Sitopaladi churna to actively combat a range of respiratory issues, effectively tackling fever from the flu, clearing chest congestion, and even easing pneumonia, bronchitis, and tuberculosis.This expectorant loosens the phlegm and the anti-inflammatory property treats respiratory diseases. Furthermore, it has a potent ability to soothe a cough.
- Prevent Allergies – Sitopaladi churna is a natural way to treat allergies. Evidence shows that antihistaminic properties in sitopaladi churna inhibit the release of inflammatory mediators and control various allergy symptoms.
- Promotes Digestion – Sitopaladi churna is highly valued for handling various digestive problems. This wonder churna is trusted to promote digestion, appetite and clear out toxins from the system. In addition, the carminative properties may handle digestive problems like gas and bloating.
- Fights Inflammation – The potent antioxidant properties in sitopaladi churna benefit in fighting against chronic inflammation. Several studies also show that it is the best way to boost your overall health and well-being.
- Treats Anaemia – The host of ingredients in sitopaladi churna is an excellent blend of minerals that is effective in improving the haemoglobin levels. Regular intake of churna helps in overcoming fatigue, irritability and lack of energy. Evidence proves that amazing formulations have the ability to promote absorption of iron by the body.
- Evades Infections – Sitopaladi churna, a powerful herbal medicine, wields potent anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, actively removing bacteria from the body.The bioactive compounds present in this traditional herbal formulation not only treats wounds and improves healing but also immunizes the body against a host of viral and bacterial infections.
This powerful ayurvedic formulation holds significant role in strengthening the immune system and fight against harmful pathogens. Several pieces of evidence have shown that it is the best way to boost overall health and well-being.
Sitopaladi churna is a traditional ayurvedic remedy for respiratory diseases like cough, asthma, tonsillitis, loss of appetite, indigestion, chronic fever, sore throat, throat irritation, and tuberculosis. Imbued with the bio active herbal ingredients, it acts as an expectorant and helps the body to get rid of mucus and phlegm deposits from.